Medtronic has been present in Ireland since 1999, having acquired a cardiovascular business established there since 1982. Medtronic’s Galway site is a Centre of Excellence for the development and manufacture of a number of the Medtronic’s key medical technologies for the treatment and management of cardiovascular and cardiac rhythm diseases. Today over 4000 people are employed in Ireland with most of the company’s employees working at the facility in Parkmore Galway, including over 100 dedicated to research and development.
Imagine playing a role in changing what it means to live with chronic disease. At Medtronic, you can. We’re creating technologies that treat chronic disease in new ways so people can live better and longer. We didn’t become a global leader by sitting on the sidelines. We’re actively involved in shaping the industry and transforming technologies, so physicians have what they need to help their patients move forward with life. Our vision requires bold leaders. If you want a career that is challenging, energizing and rewarding, we hope you’ll consider joining us as we push the boundaries of medical technology.
As the world’s largest medical technology company, we offer opportunities in numerous geographies, technologies, therapies and functional areas.
STEM Teacher Intern Role
We are recruiting 2 X STEM Teacher Internship Placements for Medtronic where the successful hire will gain exposure to a wide range of departments (see below). This placement will occur during summer 2023.
- R&D Manufacturing/Operations
- Process Development Quality
- Regulatory Affairs IT
- Lean Manufacturing/Enterprise Excellence Supply Chain
- Packaging & Labelling Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory PMO
- Finance Facilities
- Environmental, Health & Safety Customer Quality Experience Management
Please note: Some of these placements may be virtual and if so technology/equipment will be provided by the company.
Typical duties will include the following:
• Provide daily technical support to the department.
• Carry out a project and report progress as agreed by Supervisor/Manager.
• Work as part of the team to achieve goals and objectives as agreed.
• Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and checked.
• Assist in the evaluation of capabilities of equipment as required (if applicable).
• Collect data/product output and analyze using various statistical techniques utilizing
Minitab/MATLAB software (If applicable).
For more information on Medtronic visit https://www.medtronic.com/uk-en/index.html.