The Davy Group is a trusted market leader in wealth management and capital markets, building rewarding relationships that last.
Founded in 1926, we have continually broken new ground in the industry by bringing about the expansion of financial and capital markets in Ireland and providing new opportunities for investors and growing companies. By harnessing the energy, talent and experience of our people and doing business the Davy way, we have managed to deliver extraordinary results for our clients. We have done this with absolute commitment to effective corporate governance, and a strong culture and ethos of compliance.
STEM Teacher Intern Role
Davy is Ireland’s leading provider of wealth management services. The Davy investment team comprises several sub-teams which specialise in different parts of the investment process. Specifically,
- the strategy team looks at the macro environment to form near- to medium-term outlook views,
- the selection team finds the best implementation vehicles,
- the equity team selects direct stocks,
- the construction team designs the long-term asset allocation and manages the assets of the segregated portfolios and fund offerings,
- the advisory team delivers our views and product guidance to the advisory audience.
On top of the day-to-day work of assessing investment strategies and products and managing portfolios, across the team we have several long-term projects that require a research focus and an analytical approach. For example, we seek to design optimal withdrawal strategies for clients in the decumulation stage of their wealth cycle. We are also looking to gauge the impact of sustainability choices on index design and the potential for AI methods in investment management.
The ideal intern will spend time developing an understanding of our investment process and will then tackle one or more of these open research projects, with a view to making an end of summer presentation to the team.
Key skills and competencies include:
- strong information technology capability, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.)
- excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- programming proficiency (Python, Matlab, R) would be beneficial
- demonstrable interest in investments and financial markets
- strong communication and presentations skills, verbal and written
- high level of accuracy and attention to detail
The interns will be invited to attend training that takes place in Davy including Communication Skills, Excel and PowerPoint (to name a few). They will be provided with a company laptop and work from home equipment if required. Davy is a very social workplace, and they will be invited to any social or wellness events that take place during the course of the internship. They will also be entitled to access our company gym.