Founded in 2013, AbbVie is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company now employs more than 2,500 people across eight sites in Ireland.
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that’s felt within healthcare and beyond.
AbbVie have been the recipient of six Best Internship Programme awards from Gradireland over the last seven years; three gold awards (including 2021 and 2020), two silver awards, and one bronze award. Over the course of your placement, you will be given opportunities to develop both professionally and personally and to engage in cultural and social corporate responsibility initiatives.
STEM Teacher Intern Role
- Review and evaluate the host’s approach to STEM engagement.
- Help to craft a long-range plan re future STEM-focused engagement with various stakeholders, including (but not exclusive to) educators and students.
- Work with the project team on the planning for the 2021 Sligo Science Festival (during Science Week). AbbVie is a main sponsor of the annual event.
- Work with STEM leads across Ireland sites on the implementation of STEM-focused training to ensure the 30+ team of volunteers are equipped to adequately engage with.
- Participate in induction training with HR teams and attend a number of sessions and events with other Interns over the course of the placement to get a better understanding of the company and our industry.