VistaMilk is an SFI research centre which represents a unique collaboration between Agri Food and information communications technology (ICT) research institutes and leading Irish/multinational food and ICT companies. VistaMilk is funded by Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) and the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine. VistaMilk has been operating since September 2018. There are over 110 funded staff and researchers in VistaMilk. We have a 7 research partners who include Teagasc (who are the host institute), The Walton Institute (WIT), Insight@UCD, Insight@DCU, Insight@NUIG, and Tyndall Institute (UCC) and the Irish Cattle Breeding Federation (ICBF).
STEM Teacher Intern Role
The STInt Intern can expect a range of roles and responsibilities, for example;
- Assist in the development of school STEM kits that align with the primary and post primary curriculum.
- Engage with researchers to finds ways to align their research to elements of curriculum and develop appropriate experiment/school kits from this.
- Design and develop experiments that to be reproduced by teachers, parents and/or students.
- Collate the material for upload to the VistaMilk website.
- Design evaluation methods for internal and external use.
- Work with the EPE manager to develop educational resources and materials that highlight the centre’s research and which tie in with the primary and post-primary curriculum.
- Participate in the monthly Education and Public Engagement committee meeting.