The Kerry manufacturing plant is based in Killorglin, Co Kerry on the banks of the river Laune. Killorglin is on the famous Ring of Kerry and the beauty of this area attracts visitors from all over the world and is also an amazing place to live.
The plant was established (originally as Fujisawa) in 1990. This manufacturing site formulates an immunosuppressant. This is one of Astellas Pharma Inc’s most important and innovative drugs, using the latest encapsulation, ampoule filling and packaging technology which is used to prevent the rejection of transplanted organs. Worldwide distribution is from Killorglin. In addition, the first bio product for the Kerry plant, will be finished, packaged, and distributed worldwide from the Kerry plant.
The Kerry plant is recognised as an industry leader for energy management and energy efficient design. In keeping with the beautiful environment that we live and work in we have embraced environment friendly technologies and constantly push the green energy sustainability targets through the use of wind turbine, biomass, PV panels and food digester. At our Kerry plant, we live the Astellas Way, and our values of patient focus, ownership, results, openness and integrity are the foundation of our culture, guiding all of our actions.
Astellas is also working to embrace the next generation work place of the future and we are committed to safety, quality and compliance in everything we do.
STEM Teacher Intern Role
- Gain practical hands-on experience in a fast paced, high-tech Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory requirements of packaging components for pharmaceutical products and carry out testing of the same.
- Documentation: Accurately record data in data management system and/or logbooks while adhering to good documentation practices.
- Assist QC team in meeting KPI’s and adhering to shipment timelines through right first time testing and documentation.
- Participate in innovative and challenging inter-departmental group projects