Janssen Sciences Ireland UC , established in Ringaskiddy in 2005, develops and produces innovative cancer treatments and biomedicines that treat immune related diseases. Janssen is a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology, a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that have launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis. Janssen Sciences Ireland is a Global Centre of Excellence for Clinical Drug Substance and Drug Product Release and Stability Management. Its manufacturing and operational excellence has been recognized through the receipt of ‘Industry 4.0 Light-house’ designation by the World Economic Forum.
STEM Teacher Intern Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a student to join our Quality & Operations specialist team as part of the Quality & Operations group. Day to day the students will be responsible for the following;
• Monitoring and troubleshooting of the manufacturing process and equipment issues and process optimization
• Report generation for business unit management daily and weekly meetings
• Investigating and resolving deviations
• Procedures and Work Instructions
• Support commissioning and qualification activities
• Support new product introductions
What you will gain:
• Communication skills written and oral.
• Project management skills.
• Broad understanding of compliance requirements/GMP.
• Ability to work in a team environment of professionals with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and technical areas.
• Attention to detail.
As a student Specialist, your typical day may include:
▪ Daily meetings
▪ Process learning and on floor shadowing
▪ Project meetings
▪ Investigations and problem solving
As part of a fast paced operations team you will:
▪ Have strong involvement in the manufacturing processes on site for a number of biotechnology products.
▪ Monitor, evaluate and pilot new technologies.
▪ Work cross functionally with research and development, quality, engineering and operations teams and understand the different roles and teams on site