STInt ROLES 2021
Please find below the available roles for the STEM Teacher Internship Programme 2021. Please note, this page may be updated with additional roles as they become available.
Accenture Technology powers our clients by building highly differentiated solutions to real business problems, creating new Digital experiences and utilising New IT, including Digital technologies, Cloud, Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality and Agile methodologies.
Accenture Technology helps solve the most complex technology challenges for our clients, creating custom-designed solutions using leading edge technologies, or by integrating our Technology Platforms with our clients’ operations. We leverage alliances with top technology providers in the industry – including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, salesforce.com, Cisco, IBM, and HP – in addition to harnessing emerging technologies from the Accenture Labs to help our clients invent new technology solutions to achieve real business results.
We are offering a 3-month paid Internship that will give you the opportunity to sample life in the Technology area.
Your role in the STEM Student Teacher Internship Programme
- You will work with a client team to deliver business transformation, this will include designing, building and testing strategic solutions ready for implementation.
- As a key member of the team, you’ll focus and commit to understand client requirements, formulate a plan of action, and work with a range of onshore and offshore delivery teams to get it done.
- You will likely be in close contact with the client at every stage, this role will make the most of your ability to communicate complex technologies, while handling third party suppliers, timelines and expectations.
Training you will receive
Once you join us as an intern, you will become part of our official intern development programme which allows you the opportunity to set your own objectives and drive your performance in soft skills, knowledge, applications and abilities. Review sessions throughout your internship will track your progress against your targets and open up further opportunities to maximise your potential during your time with us.
When you’ll start working and your benefits
Interns will commence their internships with Accenture in June 2021. Accenture intern salaries are paid at competitive market rates. When you are offered a position, you’ll receive full details of your remuneration package.
- An ability to obtain and analyse information and solve problems
- Strong teamwork skills
- Capable of adapting and learning in a continuously changing technology environment
- An eagerness to learn, and willingness to use that curiosity to solve Technology problems
- Problem-Solver: breaks complex problems into parts and proposes possible solutions
- Effective Communicator: listens to and accurately captures others’ ideas, feedback and concerns; articulates ideas in a clear and engaging manner
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
To be updated shortly
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. As a leader in rare diseases for more than 25 years, Alexion has over 3000 dedicated employees in over 50 countries. Alexion has two sites in Ireland, based in College Park, Dublin and Monksland, Athlone.
Please provide an overview of the duties and responsibilities of the role.
If there are any key skills or competencies you are looking for, please include these. Eg Experience of using Excel, PowerPoint, research, excellent communication skills…
Please also give an overview of any training, benefits and/or additional support the intern can expect to receive. Eg. Company laptop for duration of internship, a ‘buddy’ for ongoing support, invitations to social events, training sessions…
Job Spec: Athlone Role
Title: Biotech Intern
The Biotech Intern is responsible for all assigned activities and the execution of manufacturing operations in accordance to cGMP. A diverse range of cross departmental activities will be assigned and significant training in a wide variety of subject matters will be provided.
- Cross functional support in all areas of the facility processes including but not limited to Aseptic compounding and filling and Biological drug substance manufacture.
- Develop and train in all manufacturing systems.
- Support and involvement in regulatory audits.
- Warehouse operation and managing inventory and stock levels.
- Support all new product/process introductions on site.
- Support and develop training on site
- Establish and develop operations documents.
- Operate manufacturing equipment and instruments.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with significant flexibility.
- Conduct daily activities in an organized, efficient manner.
- Perform simple, routine, complex, and critical operations.
- Perform and document operations in accordance with cGMP’s.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives by identifying areas needing improvement, recommending strategies for improvement, and implementing those strategies once approved
- Embrace Alexion Core Competencies.
- Communicate effectively, written and verbal.
- Maintain training compliance.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
- Interact with all departments
- Complete assigned projects.
- Analyse complex problems and determine and implement solutions.
Job Spec: Dublin Role
Title: Knowledge Transfer and Continuous Improvement Intern
The Knowledge Transfer and Continuous Improvement Intern works within the Knowledge transfer and Continuous Improvement team to support all training and CI activities across the College Park site. Their key responsibilities will include maintaining GMP Training Records, maintenance of the learning management system as well as support for regulatory and internal audits.
The candidate will also support and be involved in continuous improvement projects and activities across the site as we develop our performance excellence programme
- Support the group in managing and maintaining training records for the site. This includes the prompt processing of training records as well as the management of filing and archiving of the records
- Input and management of the sites Learning Management System including the maintenance of training rosters as well as the creation of training classes and activities
- Acting as a point of contact for training related queries and responding to these questions in a professional manner
- Participation in continuous improvement projects and initiatives across the site and support implementation of these activities in different functions.
- The candidate will also have the opportunity to gain experience in the design and development of interactive e-learning solutions within the company
- The candidate must be capable of high quality, independent work and must be capable of demonstrating initiative.
At Avanade, our vision is to be the leading digital innovator, realizing results for our clients and their customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Through thousands of projects, we’ve transformed businesses for the digital world. We’ve helped them create compelling experiences for their customers and employees. We’ve reduced costs, increased productivity, enabled collaboration and enhanced agility – and ultimately improved performance. We are ranked no.1 by the Top Employer Institute in Ireland.
Avanade offers internship assignments in Ireland (software engineering, infrastructure, delivery management, business and tech integration). These internships are specially designed to introduce final year Bachelor/Master students to the Avanade global way of working.
You’ll learn from and will be coached by highly skilled and experienced colleagues in different professional environments across the Microsoft platform, having the opportunity to elaborate technical and language skills working in international and multicultural teams.
You’ll be trained in the tools and methodologies used by Avanade for projects at our customers and enjoy working in small and dynamic local teams, while profiting from the international structure of a global company. You’ll get exposure to technical projects in different business sectors or government institutions and you’ll be able to understand the impact that technology has on their way of working.
BiOrbic (Bioeconomy SFI Research Centre) is Ireland’s national bioeconomy research centre. Through excellent research and innovation, it aims to promote and develop Ireland’s bioeconomy towards a sustainable, circular model. The centre is a collaboration of over 100 researchers across Ireland, working to separate and extra valuable compounds from renewable materials, convert those resources into novel bio-based products and deliver industry-scalable sustainable resources. Through this, BiOrbic seeks to invigorate rural industries, provide new opportunities within the bioeconomy and help Ireland meet its sustainable targets.
This role will be an opportunity to gain perspective on the future of Ireland’s bioeconomy. You will be able to explore how research will impact key industries for rural communities, as well as the new jobs this may provide for the next generation. Combining this with your existing pedagogical knowledge, you will develop resources, activities and written communication to engage rural communities and young people with BiOrbic’s research. You will work with and be supported by the Education, Engagement and Communications (EPE) Manager in all activities but will be encouraged to tailor and drive the internship according to your own professional goals.
In summary, during the 12 week internship, you will:
- Liaise with BiOrbic researchers to learn about research at the forefront of the bioeconomy
- Develop a series of learning activities for schools that align BiOrbic’s research with the school curriculum
- Design an engagement activity of your own choosing to be delivered at the National Ploughing Championships
- Write an article describing the future landscape of the bioeconomy for national or local newspaper
- Other ad-hoc duties as determined between yourself and the EPE Manager
You will work from home but may be asked (if restrictions allow) to travel to deliver activities in person – such as at the National Ploughing Championships. Any travel expenses will be reimbursed. A laptop will be provided, as well as desk space at UCD if you desire it.
We are looking for a professional, self-driven individual who is passionate about sustainability and the future of Ireland’s bio-based industries. Enthusiasm for inspiring public groups about STEM is also essential. You will also have excellent communication skills, including both written and oral and a knowledge of basic Microsoft Office software. You will be a flexible worker who is able to take initiative and meet deadlines. A background in biology or chemistry would be beneficial.
- A Self-starter – they need to be proactive at work, willing and able to act, and raise energy levels to get things done.
- An ability to work alone and complete tasks within a specific timeframe.
- A Customer Achiever who can plan activities to deliver brilliant results on time whilst taking account of the relevant rules/guidelines and supporting wider commercial objectives.
- An Active Learner – have a keen desire and develop their capabilities, taking on board feedback, learning from mistakes and building their knowledge and ultimately to share that learning.
- Needs to open and a straight talker, open and straight forward, listening and adapting their style to ensure messages are delivered with impact.
- A continuous improver who is open minded and who can embrace change, exploring different ways of working to achieve more.
- Capable of adapting and learning in a continuously changing technology environment.
- A team player who builds positive and collaborative working relationships with others, looking o share and support.
- A problem solver who will use insight and analysis to identify the cause of issues and then create practical solutions.
- Effective Communicator who listens to & accurately captures others’ ideas, feedback and concerns; articulates ideas in a clear & engaging manner
- Knowledge all MS Office applications including PowerPoint and Excel and Teams.
- Communication skills to represent projects internally and externally if required.
- Good writing and research skills.
Technology Placement Intern
You are the brains behind our work.
You are ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom; and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it is honing your skills or building your network, we know that success cannot come without growth. Our programmes equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team; and establish a long-term career here. At Citi; we value internal mobility; and career growth is not a question of if; but when.
The Citi Technology Placement provides an unrivalled opportunity to build a career in technology. The programme is designed to attract graduates from Technology; Science; Engineering; and Math disciplines; but also those from any technical discipline with relevant experience who aspire to work in technology and build a career with Citi. As a Placement Intern; you will get hands-on experience with multiple Citi Technology services which could include solution and process design; analysis; design and coding; application support; and quality assurance.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes.. At the start of the programme; Placement Interns will be assigned to work with a team within Citi Technology for the duration of the programme. Citi’s Placement Intern Programme aims to mould students into high-calibre professionals and future leaders through careful training and development.
Your time here will look something like this…
- Get hands-on experience with multiple Citi Technology services which could include solution and process design; analysis; design and coding; application support; and quality assurance
- Ensure products are designed with the right technology and delivered at the right service standard and price for clients
- Align technology products and services with business needs
- Monitor infrastructure and application services
- Focus on ease and speed of problem and request resolution at optimal cost
Who we think will be a great fit…
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the technology are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow; we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking; and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. Well also be looking for the following:
- Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Strong communicator
- Passionate about technology with knowledge of any of the following: C#/.Net; Java; SQL; Clojure; Unix; Python
- Multi-tasker with sharp problem solving skills
At Deloitte, it’s our people who make us succeed. We value you and everything you can bring to our business. Apply now for the Work Placement Programme and build your career with us.
Technology is all-encompassing, and it is growing exponentially. This is forcing business change at a faster rate than ever before and leading to tough questions: “How can we establish a digital presence with our tech-savvy customers?”, “What consideration should we be giving to cloud computing?”, “How can we best integrate our legacy and modern systems?”
Navigating the pitfalls and complexities of these questions requires a measured combination of technical expertise and management capability – this is where Deloitte’s Technology Consultants step in. We work alongside our clients to help bridge the gap between their business needs and technology requirements, and ultimately deliver technology solutions that meet their most pressing demands.
Technology Consulting is as much about project management, strategy, and problem solving as it is about the design, build, and delivery of technical solutions. We have experts across both areas and encourage our Interns to gain hands on experience across the board. You’ll be encouraged and expected to think for yourself, use your initiative and work collaboratively to deliver pioneering solutions for our clients. Our mission is to deliver exceptional impact for our clients and our values demand leadership in all of us, delivering beyond expectations with an un wavering commitment to each other. We expect all in our team to strive to make their mark, and to do so by living our values.
Within Technology we offer a variety of career options where you’ll learn and gain exposure to how we create innovative business, technology and operational solutions for our clients. We are offering this experience as part of a 3-month paid internship.
What impact will you make?
∙ Motivation and eagerness to learn more about Technology Consulting
∙ Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and strong verbal and written communication skills. ∙ Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage change.
∙ Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
Sample experience STEM Student Teacher Internship Programme
∙ You will act as a key member of our team, building relationships and working collaboratively with those around you to gain exposure to technology transformation programmes.
∙ You will work alongside technology consultants across a variety of disciplines such as architecture, technology project management, business analysis, development and test.
∙ Leverage Deloitte’s training programme to increase your fluency across key technologies Training you will receive
We hope after your internship with us that you will come away with a selection of skills that will give you an amazing start to your career including:
∙ People skills including working in diverse teams and building relationships to help you succeed. ∙ Soft skills including presentation and communication skills, time management, business acumen, corporate and personal responsibility.
∙ Business writing skills to use for all types internal and external presentations and how to plan the research of a project.
∙ IT skills including all relevant software programmes.
∙ As you’d expect, the specific training you’ll get depends on the kind of role you choose. And we’ll do everything
we can to help you succeed and lead as an expert in your field.
Where you’ll work
∙ Currently, we are hoping to host our 2021 interns using a hybrid format, working from our offices as well as remotely. Our goal is for you to get the Deloitte experience in-person, whilst still allowing you flexibility and ensuring the safety of all students and staff. However, given current circumstances, this will remain subject to change, and we may be required to change the format of the internship at a later stage. Government advice related to Covid-19 will be followed at all times.
When you’ll start working and your benefits
∙ From the moment you join, you’ll be working in a team, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You will gain “hands on” project experience working with professional and experienced teams. You’ll be encouraged to think for yourself and use your initiative within your team delivering pioneering solutions for our clients. You will also develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the learning support you need to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
∙ Upon joining the firm: You will participate in a full induction programme including a warm welcome, key skills, technical training and team building. You will also be assigned a buddy that will help you navigate everything even the smallest things to help you settle into your role at Deloitte and start to grow your network!
The Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (DIAS) conducts advanced research exploring big questions of the 21st century and beyond. Its research gains insights into Celtic society and its legacy; progresses our understanding of our island, our planet and the universe; and deciphers the underpinning mathematical principles of nature. DIAS Dunsink Observatory is part of the DIAS School of Cosmic Physics Astronomy and Astrophysics Section. Dunsink is a designated European site of historical significance for physics and has been a centre for astronomical research and public engagement in Ireland since its foundation in 1785.
The intern will develop space themed educational resources for the DIAS Dunsink Observatory website (https://www.dunsink.dias.ie). The resources will be based on astronomy activities at the observatory both past and present.
The intern will talk to DIAS astrophysicists to identify areas of astronomical research that might be relevant to primary/secondary curricula, and build upon resources created for the I-LOFAR Astronomical Midlands Project (https://lofar.ie/astrolands/), which the DIAS team is involved in.
Excellent communication skills are essential, as is familiarisation with standard word processing software. Experience publishing articles and blogs on the web (e.g., WordPress) is desirable.
The intern will be invited to attend DIAS astrophysics seminars and socialise with other DIAS astrophysics summer interns.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
The Ericsson INFUSE program is focused on bringing technology closer to the Irish schools. We aim to and build an enthusiasm for the STEM within the education systems in order motivate students to consider STEM in their future careers.
Our Operation department is looking for a sub-project manager to join our team in Ericsson, Athlone. The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and overseeing our school engagement program, INFUSE, and support the planning activities needed to promote STEM in our local community. The candidate will also work closely with the recruitment activities every month, compiling relevant data driven project reports and reporting status to management, including the senior management team in Athlone.
Examples of your responsibilities
- Work with the Recruitment/INFUSE Program manager to implement marketing campaigns monthly
- Develop calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for tracking of activities
- Monitor analytics on the activities to identify viable school engagement opportunities
- Assist in the running of recruitment/INFUSE activities
- Provide reports on to the Recruitment/INFUSE Program manager regarding the relevant activities
This is your opportunity to gain real-world experience of managing an evolving project in a multinational organization. As a sub-project manager, you will contribute to the development of a sustainable recruitment program within a team as well as having opportunity to work independently on relevant initiatives.
- Communication skills to represent project internally at relevant forums
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
Do you want to work for a vibrant, successful and innovative organisation?
ESB is Ireland’s foremost energy company. We have been supplying power to industry, communities and individuals for 90 years. Through innovation, expertise and investment, we are leading the way in developing smart and sustainable energy systems to meet the demands of modern life, both at home and overseas, making us a vital part of building a brighter, more sustainable future.
At ESB, we believe that electricity is an enabler of societal and economic well-being and that every citizen should have access to secure, sustainable and affordable electricity supplies. We are harnessing all our resources for a brighter future, investing in our people and working collaboratively with partners to enhance the lives of our customers, drive economic progress and bring about a more sustainable future.
A committed workforce of more than 7,000 people in diverse and high-skill business units, our staff have a proud tradition of providing customer service, often in challenging conditions. This commitment has been there since our foundation almost 90 years ago and continues to inspire us in our mission to bring sustainable and competitive energy solutions to all our customers.
Our purpose is to create a Brighter Future for the customers and communities we serve, by leading the transition to reliable, affordable, low-carbon energy. Through our diverse businesses across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain, we aim to meet the customer energy needs by bringing the best of our capabilities together to deliver innovative and value-driven solutions for a low-carbon world.
Today, we continue to drive progress and change, constantly innovating and evolving to stay relevant and reliable for the many people who depend on us. We are harnessing all our resources for a brighter future, investing in our people and working collaboratively with partners to enhance the lives of our customers, drive economic progress and bring about a more sustainable future.
Role No 1: IT Team Placement
Joining ESB’s IT team, you will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team where you will have the opportunity to deliver results in a fast-paced, innovative team environment.
We design, deliver and support ESB’s extensive IT landscape through innovative IT solutions. Our team of almost 800 IT Professionals operates one of the most technologically advanced IT and telecommunications infrastructures in the country, supporting hundreds of 3rd party, custom and cloud applications, websites and many largescale enterprise systems. We have one of the largest IT spends in the country, delivering a large number of multi-million euro projects each year.
You will have the opportunity to build your IT and business knowledge through a challenging assignment, exposure to our business units, diverse range of business activities, or perhaps the opportunity to work on one of our major IT projects.
Why work with us?
- You will have real world experience that’s relevant to your field of study.
- We encourage openness and collaboration in everything we do.
- You will be working with a friendly and supportive team.
- You will be part of an extensive undergraduate community.
Most importantly you will have a strong base to build your future career.
What We Look For?
- You should have (or be working towards) your Teaching Qualification.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Above all, you must be innovative in your approach and be able to demonstrate your ability to actively contribute to a team that delivers results.
Role No 2: Engineering & Major Projects, Capability Development
ESB Graduate Development Programme caters for a number of Engineering disciplines including: Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Environmental, Renewable Energy, Energy Systems, Electronic, Electronic & Computer, Mechatronic, and Quantity Surveying. We have developed a bespoke Engineering Graduate Development Programme which provides Structured Rotations across different Business Units and a Bespoke L&D Programme.
ESB are offering a 12 week Internship that will give you the opportunity to work in the Capability Development Team in the Centre of Engineering.
Course Discipline: STEM background required for this role
You will have an exciting opportunity to review and enhance the Graduate Engineering Development Programme.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Carrying out a review of the current Graduate Engineering Development Programme by;
- Facilitating Focus Groups/Steering Groups/Surveying key stakeholders and Graduates to ensure the training is aligned with ESB Engineering Capability Needs
- Carrying out a technical training needs analysis, cross checking 3rd level curriculums and recommending best practice solutions
- Collating output, analysing key findings, outlining key recommendations to the Professional Engineer Development Manager
- Providing technical input to the development of training solutions
- Improving and modifying the training programme using stakeholder feedback
- Developing individualised training paths dependent on Engineering Discipline
- Devise an implementation Plan with the agreed enhancements to meet current learning gaps
- Providing input into improved scheduling and system notifications through new success factor system in order to maintain accurate employee records
- Outline what support is necessary for the effective administration of CPD, collaborate with L&D on ESB’s Learning Management (Success Factors) System.
Your main point of focus will be all of the above, if time permits you may get exposure to the organisation of key events such as, ESB Graduate Connection Event, Graduate Induction Event, Engineering Graduation Event with Engineers Ireland, ESB’s Intercollege challenge, eStem initiative.
Our Internship Programme isn’t so much an internship, it’s a summer to become an integral part of a team at EY. You’ll receive quality hands-on training that has real-world application. You’ll stretch yourself and we’ll challenge you. After a comprehensive induction you will join the business and begin doing the same work as any other employee in EY. You’ll work as part of a team, meet with clients and make a real contribution to EY projects. We trust the students who join EY for the summer to make a real impact and we encourage you to do so.
Our clients rely on our Consulting team’s expert knowledge to advise on a broad range of issues across a variety of industries. We offer guidance to companies looking to grow or change or improve performance. Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area that reflects the challenges and uncertainty of today’s world. We look for people with commercial acumen who are inquisitive, analytical and ambitious. You’ll need to challenge us, act on your own initiative and demonstrate the potential to become a future business leader.
The EY summer internship 8-10 weeks and will be held virtually this year (however this may change depending on the pandemic).
Role One: Technology Risk
Technology Risk can help clients to achieve sustainable growth by supporting their efforts to protect their business performance and by providing trusted communications on internal control and regulatory compliance to investors, management, regulators, customers and other stakeholders. EY teams accomplish this by assessing the technology risks that are introduced to businesses through:
- Understanding their strategies, initiatives, processes and issues around IT controls, cybersecurity attestation, cloud assurance, certification, contractual compliance or software asset management.
- Providing services that help navigate through the digital complexity to make confident and faster decisions.
EY professionals help clients to see the big picture related to technology risks so that they can make better, faster and more confident decisions to:
- Create trust and confidence in financial reporting
- Provide trusted communications and assurance on internal control or related to regulatory compliance to customers, alliances, strategic partners, governments and authorities
- Identify, improve and respond to risks from advances in technology
- Meet evolving regulatory and compliance requirements
- Control compliance costs
- Build trust in new technology products and services from the outset
- Undertake proactive technology risk mitigation
Role Two: Wavespace
What is wavespace?
In wavespace, we curate talent and technology, bringing them together in a collaboration, proven to energise, and align teams to create meaningful outcome. EY wavespace focuses on bringing people together and giving them the mindset and tools to find new solutions at speed.
At wavespace Ireland, human-centred design and collaboration are at the heart of our methodologies because we believe that people support what they help create. We design immersive programs that bring the right people together, giving them the mindset and collaborative tools to think differently. These days we are doing this both virtually and in-person for clients around the world.
The challenges we face today are unprecedented. Organisations must think differently and more creatively about how to prioritise and tackle challenges. Using the wavespace proven design thinking approach, methods, and technology collaboration tools we help organisations to deconstruct challenges with a single-minded focus on reaching meaningful outcomes in a shorter time frame. By inspiring human ingenuity, people are freed from the day-to-day and teams can reframe their toughest challenges and develop solutions – faster.
- Take a collaborative approach to work, with motivation to develop your skills by taking ownership of new challenges and have a genuine interest in solving complex business problems
- Support the preparation for a wavespace session, creating immersive content, and ensuring logistics are in place, technology is delivered, and clients are supported in the use of collaboration software.
- Assist wavespace facilitators in workshops with clients to understand needs, articulate vision, and support design strategies and experiences that meet their vision and needs.
- Collate and analyse data relating to wavespace sessions, identifying and gathering missing information and providing data visualization to inform reporting metrics.
- Delivery of client output after a wavespace session, summarising all relevant information during wavespace sessions such as conclusions and converting it into a deliverable for the client.
Company profile – a short overview of your company to introduce yourselves on our website.
EY is a global assurance and consulting firm. EY Consulting is building a better working world by realizing business transformation through the power of people, technology and innovation. The nature of work is evolving fast, we’re all being asked to adopt new behaviours — to be more innovative, more agile, more collaborative, more everything.
Business today is anything but usual. There is an urgency demanding we look ahead through a new lens, reframe the future and ask new and different questions:
- How do you create customer intimacy without proximity?
- Where does employee centricity meet the future of work?
- How can technology at speed create competitive advantage?
- Where does innovation at scale meet the new “S-curve” of growth?
By placing humans at the centre, leveraging technology at speed and enabling innovation at scale, our clients are transforming to realize long-term value for people, business and society as a whole.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
A STEM Teacher internship at Fidelity Investments offers you hands-on experience in a global, dynamic and face-paced technology organisation.
By joining our official intern programme will have an opportunity to learn how STEM subjects can be applied and how leading-edge technologies are being used by the Fintech industry. You will be integrated into our teams who work daily with colleagues in the US, India and China to deliver best in class technology solutions for our customers. You will participate in soft skills training and get an opportunity to work on a real business challenge with other interns. You will have the support of a buddy throughout your time at Fidelity.
This is more than just a job; it’s a connection to colleagues across the company and the chance to enjoy social opportunities like our sports and social club, fun events, and our grassroots communities of practice (CoPs).
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have strong analytical, communication, and organisational skills and can competently deal with multiple tasks at a given time
- Problem solving is your natural talent
- You have superb communication skills – verbal and written – with the ability to communicate effectively with business partners and understand their requirements
- Ownership and leadership mentality
The Value You Deliver
Our workspace encourages fresh ideas, creative thinking and rewards visionary, passionate individuals. We pride ourselves on a culture that allows you to share, collaborate and be yourself in a highly dynamic and inclusive workplace. Throughout your internship, while working alongside our technology professionals you will get insight into the following areas:
- Training in basic coding
- Experience Robotic Process Automation
- Learn about best-in-class technology processes
- Project Management
- Data Analytics, Quality & Performance
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve errors with hardware and system software
- Investigate and respond to user queries
- Implement quality development practices
- Actively participate as a member of cross-functional agile development teams getting exposure to all aspects of iterative and incremental software development and deployment
IBM Global Business Services
IBM Global Business Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy.
IBM partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by re-imagining and reinventing through technology.
Our teams utilise outcome-focused methodology’s, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
In Ireland we work directly with both public and private sector clients defining their digital transformation strategies and implementing the solutions to support their strategy,
You with be given the opportunity to be part of an IBM team working directly with our client.
You will be involved with our teams who develop complex solutions in many areas such as Advanced Analytics, Cognitive, ERP & Customer Care implementations & Cloud.
You will work directly with recent graduates and experienced consultants in a collaborative environment.
You will gain exposure to how we help our clients solve their problems in a fast paced and innovative way.
Key Skills Required
• Have a keen interest in business and technology
• Be a clear communicator
• Be logical in the way you analyse and solve problems
• Be a team player, result oriented, with a can-do attitude who is comfortable working in a highly flexible collaborative environment
• Have a keen interest in learning how to use technology to solve clients’ business problems
Intel is one of the largest semiconductor chip manufacturers globally. Intel has an extensive product portfolio that includes the design and manufacture of CPUs, VPUs (Vision Processing Units) and other devices related to communications and computing. The Movidius division is part of Intel’s Internet of Things Edge AI Group that specializes in Artificial Intelligence and Vision technology for edge applications. Movidius owns the development of Vision Processing Unit (VPU) Intellectual Property and VPU System on Chips. Movidius is currently a global leader in edge inference and their products include Myriad 2, Myriad X and Keem Bay.
Learn a broad range of business skills like team building, virtual collaboration, program management, organization communications & content creation and community engagement. This is an opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced and fun environment. Successful candidates will experience all aspects of an Operations function essential to drive a leading-edge design team creating AI & vision technology.
Skills & experience:
Excellent organisational skills.
Excellent problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys collaborative team environments.
Experience of using PowerPoint
What we offer
We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
MSD Ireland is one of the country’s leading healthcare companies, having first established here over 50 years ago.
In order to understand MSD Ireland, it’s important to get a sense of the Irish pharmaceutical industry and the pivotal role it plays in Ireland’s economy as a whole.
We currently employ approximately 2,700 employees, across six sites in Ballydine, Co Tipperary, Brinny, Co Cork, Carlow, Dunboyne and Dublin and, in addition, operate substantial Human Health and Animal Health businesses.
In total to date, we have invested approximately $3 billion in our Irish operations and our annual turnover ranks us as one of Ireland’s top 20 companies.
Significantly our Irish sites manufacture approximately half of MSD’s top twenty products, saving and enhancing lives in over sixty countries around the world.
Our site in Carlow opened in 2008 as MSD’s first vaccines facility outside of the US. Carlow is the filling site for the liquid form of our immuno-oncology treatment for the global market and is a state-of-the-art vaccines and biologics facility. We employ over 400 staff and have invested significantly in the site since it opened. We are currently working on the construction of a second manufacturing facility in Carlow with the creation of an additional 170 jobs. The new facility will focus on the production of vaccines and biologics and there will also be an expansion of warehouse and laboratory services at the site. Recruitment for the new facility will commence immediately and it is intended that the new manufacturing operations will commence in 2023.
Role Title: Continuous Improvement Intern
Intern will work as part of the Syringe Continuous Improvement Cell reporting into the Syringe Value Stream. This team core responsibility is to support the formulation, filling and inspection areas by working with the process operators to identify problems and solutions to improve performance of the Syringe Value Stream.
Area of work for the intern are as follows:
- Updating procedures to improve the flow of the documents to make them more user friendly. This will require liaising with the manufacturing operators, working to get inputs to add to documents, adding relevant photos etc.
- Generation of training material (with technical inputs from the team) to improve the learning experience for the operators.
- Generation of process flow diagrams (with technical inputs from the team) to improve decision making capability for the operators
Key competencies include experience of Word, Powerpoint and use of editing tools for photographs, simple graphics.
Candidate would ideally have studied Biology, Physics or Chemistry and have an interest in learning about the workings of pharmaceutical industry. They should be confident and enthusiastic, self motivated and eager to maximise their experience as a result of this opportunity. They should understand the benefit of using this internship as a springboard for them to help increase awareness of the opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry for a diverse pool of candidates and to actively increase gender diversity in manufacturing roles. We will mentor the candidate on this during their internship to maximise the experience and ensure alignment.
Candidate will have a laptop provided for the duration of the internship. They will participate in induction as part of their integration into the team. In addition, they will have a buddy who is a member of their team who will support them on queries etc., as well as having regular meetings with the cell leader who can provide additional support as required. Full technical support will be available both from their manager and their buddy.
As part of this experience , they will see the full end to end elements of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company particularly in the area of manufacturing. They will understand the wide roles available to future STEM graduates, the scope of such roles and the longer term career opportunities.
Microsoft Ireland: 2,000 people. 71 different nationalities. One Campus situated in Leopardstown, Dublin. At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and organisation to do and achieve more, not just here in Ireland, but right across the world. From software development, program management, service engineering, testing and localisation to operations, finance, HR and sales & marketing for Europe, Middle East and Africa, our ambition is to help everyone, through the power of technology.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works, and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft – and the value we deliver to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes great work. The Internship role is within the Office365 team (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint etc) as a project manager. Project managers (PMs) are the in-house advocates for millions of people worldwide who predict and research how software is used and work closely with our engineers to ensure our products exceed people’s expectations. We want you to become very involved with your group project, so we will assign you to a specific product team while you are here. It’s the best way to make sure you have the opportunity to make a real contribution. However, there will be plenty of opportunities to attend discussions about different Microsoft technologies and to learn from employees working around our campus. You will also get an opportunity to spend part of the internship with our DreamSpace team working with primary and secondary school students. Through immersive teaching and learning experiences, DreamSpace at Microsoft Ireland inspires students and teachers to see how technology can enhance education in exciting new ways. So if you are interested in learning more about us, seeing our fabulous state of the art new building and being involved in the creation of new technology that touches the lives of our customers then come join us at Microsoft we would love to have you as part of our team.
PwC Technology Consulting
PwC is a diverse organisation and is the largest professional services firm in Ireland. We know that to create the best value for clients, we must constantly attract and nurture the best talent. We have motivated and energetic people from a variety of backgrounds—arts, business, engineering, finance and law—who ensure our clients receive the depth and breadth of insight and perspective required to negotiate an increasingly complex global environment. We offer a broad range of services across audit, tax and advisory.
STEM Teacher Internship Programme Details
We currently have two positions available for a STEM Teacher Internship in our Technology Consulting practice. The programme will give you the opportunity to sample life in our Technology practice and work with a wide range of clients.
The internship will be run remotely over 8 weeks starting on Tuesday June 8 and will finish on Friday July 30.
What you will get out of the programme
Throughout the programme you’ll boost your commercial awareness, interpersonal skills and self-confidence. You’ll also develop a genuine understanding of what we do and how we do it in PwC.
The programme and role will:
- provide you with the opportunity to work with real clients, ranging from global players to successful local organisations; and involve hands on experience supporting the manager through attending relevant client meetings, supporting with appropriate project tasks, working with a blended team of PwC staff and clients across various industries
- give you project experience through shadowing and supporting a manager on a client based project in the areas of Technology Strategy, System implementation, Security services, Data analysis, Robotic process automation and, or Digital services.
- where appropriate, provide you with experience on more than one project in order for you to gain additional exposure to the type of roles our technical team undertake in PwC
- allow you to benefit from a blended learning programme involving exposure to our clients’ industries and markets combined with the development of your own communication, business and team-working skills.
You’ll need to be able to show us how you’ve used your initiative and team working skills prior to and during university along with your creativity, sense of responsibility and commercial awareness. We’ll expect you to have done your research on PwC and to understand the business environment in which we operate.
- Development Intern
SSE is proud to make a difference. We are one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in Ireland involved in the production, storage, distribution and supply of gas and the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity and other energy services to many customers across the island of Ireland. SSE has regularly been voted No.1 for customer satisfaction in multiple independent surveys and is one of Ireland’s largest generators of electricity and Ireland’s largest generator of renewable energy. SSE Renewables owns and operates 28 wind farms across the island of Ireland and has a large onshore and offshore development portfolio.
We are offering an exciting 3-month Internship within the Renewables business of SSE in Ireland that will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain exposure to STEM-related careers within our business.
Our intern will work in our Consenting and Land Team and Development Team:
- Working with our consenting, land and development teams to gain an understanding of the considerations and requirements involved in developing large scale projects.
- Our intern will be responsible for reviewing our land contracts and implementing a land contract mapping system for all existing projects. They will create process for system management and deliver presentations to the team on the system use.
- Our intern will also support our greenfield development initiatives as seek to identify new onshore projects.
Our intern will also work alongside our onshore and offshore teams to support deliver key projects and to support ongoing initiatives. Our intern will be fully embedded within their teams and will be included in team meetings, company initiatives and social events.
Our intern will be accepted as part of the SSE team and will be trusted with and exposed to sensitive information. In return they will be required to sign an NDA and will be expected to treat all information received in confidence.
Your Skills and Experience
- Positive and enthusiastic with a keen willingness to learn, deliver and add value.
- Proactive approach with the ability to self-manage and prioritise own workload within demanding schedules. • Good written and verbal skills.
- Creative with the ability to assist in the solving of problems and requests.
- The ability to draw logical conclusions from available facts.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills with the ability to foster positive working relationships.
SSE is Ireland’s second largest energy utility and the leading developer and investor in cleaner energy infrastructure. SSE owns and operates over 2,000MW of generation capacity on the island of Ireland, of which 740MW is from renewable sources. Sitting within our Wholesale business, SSE Airtricity supplies greener electricity, natural gas and essential services to over 720,000 homes and businesses. Since 2008, SSE has directly invested over £3.8bn in growing its Ireland energy business including investment in large-scale, cleaner energy infrastructure.
SSE Ireland has been certified by Business in the Community Ireland to the Business Working Responsibly Mark, the gold standard for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability in Ireland. The Mark is presented to companies that represent best-in-class leadership, policies, practices, performance, and impact in CSR and Sustainability including employee engagement, innovation, environmental practices, supply chain management and engagement with the local community.
2. Data Analytics Intern
SSE is proud to make a difference. We are one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in Ireland involved in the production, storage, distribution and supply of gas and the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity and other energy services to many customers across the island of Ireland. SSE has regularly been voted No.1 for customer satisfaction in multiple independent surveys and is one of Ireland’s largest generators of electricity and Ireland’s largest generator of renewable energy.
We are offering an exciting Internship that will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain exposure to STEM-related careers within our business.
The data analytics team in SSE Airtricity provides a range of reporting and insight support across SSE Airtricity’s business, including Energy Markets and the retail businesses of Home Energy and Business Energy. The purpose of the team is to deliver insights which help the business achieve targets such as optimising profits, reducing risk, understanding customer behaviour and optimising customer experience. The type of services provided by the team include reporting, descriptive and strategic analysis, predictive modelling, anomaly detection, data visualisation and innovation (often with academic partners). Our intern will work alongside our data analytics team on project(s) in these areas.
In addition, to the above rotations our intern will work alongside our Sustainability, Inclusion & Diversity and Engagement teams to deliver key projects and to support ongoing initiatives. Our intern will be fully embedded within their teams and will be included in team meetings, company initiatives and social events.
Our intern will be accepted as part of the SSE team and will be trusted with and exposed to sensitive information. In return they will be required to sign an NDA and will be expected to treat all information received in confidence.
Vodafone Ireland is delighted to be taking part in the DCU STEM Student Internship in 2021, for the third year.
This internship programme provides third level students a placement opportunity here in Vodafone, over a 3 month period. This is a paid placement allowing students to gain experience working in a digital telco, to develop their existing skills and to gain new ones. Vodafone Ireland connects 2.3 million customers every day and is the single biggest investor in technology in the telecoms industry in Ireland.
Vodafone has also been voted one of the best places to work in Ireland, is the official sponsor of the Irish Rugby team and has a charity partnership with the ISPCC.
Here at Vodafone, we are much more than a total communications company, we aim to connect everybody so that we can live better today and build a better tomorrow.
Have a look inside our offices in Leopardstown here https://lovindublin.com/sponsored/dream-offices/pics-lookinside-dublins-dream-offices-part-three.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, this internship programme will provide flexible working options to suit the student’s needs, be it fully remote working, or a blended experience, we will work with all successful candidates to find a way of working that works for them.
Interns will have the opportunity to work in our Technology or Business areas to gain a greater insight into how
STEM subjects can be used in the workplace. Interns will be given the responsibility of owning specific activities within a project end to end and be responsible for that specific portion of the project so that they can finish the programme with a clear deliverable.
Whilst on the Internship programme, interns will have access to a full L&D plan allowing each student to gain skills in different areas and upskill in specific skills that are relevant to their area. The intern will gain a holistic view to
Vodafone and will therefore be encouraged to spend half days in different business units to see how Vodafone operates as a whole.
Our technology business unit is one of the largest in the organisation, which looks after our network and IT structure within the organisation. Technical skills such as engineering, coding, and data handling are used within this unit to ensure that we provide the best technical service to our customers in both mobile and fixed line. The student Intern will gain hands on experience working within our many different teams in technology from IT security, data analytics and our core network. This will allow the intern to have a greater insight into how we operate as a digital telco and how customers are able to use our service for Voice and data services through both their mobiles and their home broadband.
There are a number of different functions within Technology, which are crucial to the success of Vodafone. Below is a flavour of some of the teams an intern will be involved with day-to-day in the Technology department.
Transmission and Property
The transmission department deals with network roll out, microwave technologies and supplier and vendor management. An intern will gain a deeper insight into how the Vodafone network operates in terms of fibre and microwave connections supplying our users with internet connectivity.
The Property team within Technology handles all properties where Vodafone has equipment mounted such as cell towers and masts. We own or rent these sites and the team manages their day-to-day problems as well as site decommissions and acquisitions.
Network Analytics and Performance
There are a variety of teams that look after the performance and analytics of the fixed and mobile network. Day-to-day tasks include analysing Key Performance Indicators like traffic and congestion across the 2G, 3G and 4G technologies. Teams work to investigate network issues through Data Analytics, and then implement fixes and improvement through network feature rollouts.
Another key aspect of Network Performance is to monitor and react to any incidents that may occur on the network. Teams work around the clock to ensure incidents can be dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
IT oversee and manage the end-to-end development, maintenance, and support of our technical estate responding to Business, Market, and Regulatory drivers of change. This includes, but is not limited to our Billing, CRM, and Care applications. IT is comprised of a number of elements: Demand (assessment, definition & estimation of changes), Delivery (implementation of changes) & Operations (maintenance of implemented changes).
B2B, otherwise known as Enterprise, manages our business customers, offering fixed, mobile and converged services. So whether its a budding start up, or a seasoned multinational corporation – we’re always on hand to help. We are revolutionising how our business customers use voice, messaging, data and fixed-line solutions to ensure they are ready for today. Most importantly, though – we’re boldly paving the way for the future, especially when it comes to new ideas and ground-breaking digital technology! You will be working to help revolutionise how businesses and public sector institutions are confidently connected. Functional areas within the Business Unit that you will have the opportunity to work with include:
Product and Digital Marketing
Our varied customer base require a set of Products to suit their varied and wide range of needs, from handsets with competitive price plans for their own employees, to complex networks that link their sites together in a secure way and allow them to communicate in a way that suits them. The Product team are responsible for designing and delivering these solutions to cater to our customers’ needs. The Product team will also work alongside our Digital Marketing team to ensure the best visibility of our products and solutions so that our customers can easily find the information they need in a format that works for them.
The complexity of a Business solution means that Vodafone need to be involved in the delivery of our products from start to finish, our delivery team ensure that orders are submitted correctly and customer sites are technically ready for installation, followed by install and configuration support of the technical kit that customers require for the product that they have bought.
With the rapid shifts in technologies available, Vodafone are constantly evolving their networks, products and ways of working. So much so that we have a dedicated functional area for transformation that ensures both internal teams and our business customers are ready for the changes. Whether it’s a small change to the way they access their bill online, to a change in the network and how we deliver a phone call to their site Vodafone will ensure that this is done in a smooth and efficient way that causes minimum disruption to our customers business.
Xilinx makes a type of computer chip which is used by many different companies as part of their systems, such as communications satellites, the NASA ‘Curiosity’ Mars Rover, Twitch and mobile phone networks. What we make can be used to solve many engineering problems, and we hope to give a good basic understanding of that to you as part of your internship.
The internship will give you experience of:
- Working with real electronic devices
- The chance to complete real hands-on projects which can be transferred to the classroom, allowing you to give schoolkids a starting introduction to technology
- An introduction to basic computer programming, using Python or another suitable language
- An understanding of the steps needed to design, manufacture and sell computer chips, including the chance to interact with the other engineering teams working at the Dublin site
You will find that working with us is fun and interesting with plenty of help available for when you have questions. Your projects will be challenging but achievable, and when completed will provide ideas and material suitable for use in teaching.