STINT ROLES 2023
Please find below the available roles for the STEM Teacher Internship Programme 2023.
You will be asked your preferred roles on your application form. Please note this page may be updated with additional roles as they become available. Roles may be fully in-person, hybrid or mostly remote.
Last updated 01/03/2023
Fidelity Investments - Dublin
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 699,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
STEM Teacher Intern Role
- You will work with a client team to deliver business transformation, this will include designing, building and testing strategic solutions ready for implementation.
- As a key member of the team, you’ll focus and commit to understand client requirements, formulate a plan of action, and work with a range of onshore and offshore delivery teams to get it done.
- You will likely be in close contact with the client at every stage, this role will make the most of your ability to communicate complex technologies, while handling third party suppliers, timelines and expectations.
Accenture Technology powers our clients by building highly differentiated solutions to real business problems, creating new digital experiences, and utilising new IT, including digital technologies, Cloud, Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, and Agile methodologies.
Accenture Technology helps solve the most complex technology challenges for our clients, creating custom-designed solutions using leading-edge technologies, or by integrating our technology platforms with our clients’ operations. We leverage alliances with top technology providers in the industry – including SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Microsoft, AWS and Google Cloud – in addition to harnessing emerging technologies from the Accenture Labs to help our clients invent new technology solutions to achieve real business results.
A passion for the new unites our diverse workforce of more than 699,000 employees around the globe who offer a steady flow of new ideas, and you’ll be part of the conversation between leading experts from across all areas of our business. Join us, and you’ll use ground-breaking new technologies to develop and implement innovative solutions that will benefit our clients across the globe.
ACCENTURE TECHNOLOGY INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
We are offering a 3-month, paid internship, that will allow you to sample life in the Technology area. You will work with a client team to deliver business transformation. This will include designing, building, and testing strategic solutions ready for implementation. As a key member of the team, you’ll focus and commit to understand client requirements, formulate a plan of action, and work with a range of onshore and offshore delivery teams. You will be in close contact with the client at every stage. This role will make the most of your ability to communicate complex technologies while handling third party suppliers, timelines, and expectations.
Once you join us as an intern, you will become part of our official Intern Development Programme which allows you the opportunity to set your objectives and drive your performance in soft skills, knowledge, applications, and abilities. Review sessions throughout your internship will track your progress against your targets and open further opportunities to maximise your potential during your time with us. You will develop industry-leading specialist skills and be kept fully up to speed with the latest innovations and delivery practices. You will also be part of the Internship Community at Accenture which offers a wide range of ongoing training, networking events, support, and career advice from your appointed career counsellor.
You can join the Accenture Internship Programme from any academic discipline; we’re particularly keen on students from Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computing, Computer Science. Candidates must meet the below criteria:
- Be on course to achieve a minimum of 2.2 grade in your degree
- Be in your penultimate year at university
- Be in a degree course where placement is a requirement
- Possess a passion and genuine interest in technology
- Have the ability to obtain and analyse information and solve problem
- Be an effective communicaton
- Be eager to learn and capable of adapting in a continuously changing technology environment
ADAPT is the Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for AI-Driven Digital Content Technology. ADAPT combines the expertise of more than 400 researchers and professional staff across eight Irish universities with that of its industry partners to produce ground-breaking digital content innovations. ADAPT’s focus is on “human-centric AI”, meaning that it is creating artificial intelligence systems that learn from and collaborate with humans in a deep and meaningful way.
This role will provide the intern with a unique perspective on cutting-edge STEM research at one of Ireland’s largest academia-industry research centres. You will work within ADAPT’s award-winning Education and Public Engagement team, building on your existing pedagogical expertise to help develop novel educational resources for second-level classrooms, as well as designing informal STEM interventions for people of all ages as part of ADAPT’s wider #DiscussAI campaign.
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualiastion technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data centre.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world.
Are you bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together anything is possible because #TogetherWeAdvance
AMD makes a type of computer chip which is used by many different companies as part of their systems, such as communications satellites, the NASA ‘Curiosity’ Mars Rover, Twitch and mobile phone networks. What we make can be used to solve many engineering problems, and we hope to give a good basic understanding of that to you as part of your internship.
The internship will give you experience of:
• Working with real electronic devices
• The chance to complete real hands-on projects which can be transferred to the classroom, allowing
you to give pupils in schools a starting introduction to technology
• An introduction to basic computer programming, using Python or another suitable language
• An understanding of the steps needed to design, manufacture and sell computer chips, including
the chance to interact with the other engineering teams working at the Dublin site
You will find that working with us is fun and interesting with plenty of help available for when you have questions. Your projects will be challenging but achievable, and when completed will provide ideas and material suitable for use in teaching.
Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes.. At the start of the programme; Placement Interns will be assigned to work with a team within Citi Technology for the duration of the programme. Citi’s Placement Intern Programme aims to mould students into high-calibre professionals and future leaders through careful training and development.
- Get hands-on experience with multiple Citi Technology services which could include solution and process design; analysis; design and coding; application support; and quality assurance
- Ensure products are designed with the right technology and delivered at the right service standard and price for clients
- Align technology products and services with business needs
- Monitor infrastructure and application services
- Focus on ease and speed of problem and request resolution at optimal cost.
We are the people behind Ireland’s national electricity grid. We make sure that every home, business, school, hospital, factory and farm has power – when and where they need it. And that’s just the beginning of our story. We are now transforming the power system for future generations. Be part of the change.
Our 2020 – 25 strategy is shaped by climate change and the transition of the electricity sector to low-carbon, renewable energy. We have a unique role to play in leading the radical transformation that is required. Our strategy sums up our response to these challenges. It consists of a set of key goals, underpinned by our purpose to Transform the Power System for Future Generations.
Our focus is on safety, security and reliability. Our work environment is challenging, fast-moving, collaborative and team orientated. Our culture is driven by performance, knowledge and continual development. Our people are committed to reducing Ireland’s reliance on fossil fuels and making decarbonisation a reality – while providing a safe and reliable electricity supply in a way that secures the future for those who follow us.
Our future has never looked more exciting. And this is an incredible opportunity to be part of it. The
world is ready for change. If you are too, join us.
The STInt Intern may be part of the Operations Development and Compliance team who is responsible for business planning and oversight. The Operations Office is responsible for delivering on the Group’s core remit in the most cost effective and transparent manner. The STInt intern will support a range of business planning activities on behalf of the Operations function.
The STInt Intern may be part of the People and Information Office who is responsible for enabling the business to embrace a modern digital culture through innovative people, processes and technology solutions.
This is an exciting time for EirGrid as we embark on a new strategy to deliver the solutions required to transform the power system in support of the transition to renewable energy.
At EY, our purpose is Building a better working world. The insights and quality services we provide help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our clients rely on our Consulting team’s expert knowledge to advise on a broad range of issues across a variety of industries. We offer guidance to companies looking to grow or change or improve performance. Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area that reflects the challenges and uncertainty of today’s world.
Our Internship Programme isn’t so much an internship, it’s a summer to become an integral part of a team at EY. You’ll receive quality hands-on training that has real-world application. You’ll stretch yourself and we’ll challenge you. After a comprehensive induction you will join the business and begin doing the same work as any other employee in EY. You’ll work as part of a team, meet with clients and make a real contribution to EY projects. We trust the students who join EY for the summer to make a real impact and we encourage you to do so.
Our clients rely on our Consulting team’s expert knowledge to advise on a broad range of issues across a variety of industries. We offer guidance to companies looking to grow or change or improve performance. Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area that reflects the challenges and uncertainty of today’s world. We look for people with commercial acumen who are inquisitive, analytical and ambitious. You’ll need to challenge us, act on your own initiative and demonstrate the potential to become a future business leader.
The EY summer internship 8-10 weeks and will be held virtually this year (however this may change depending on the pandemic).
Technology Risk can help clients to achieve sustainable growth by supporting their efforts to protect their business performance and by providing trusted communications on internal control and regulatory compliance to investors, management, regulators, customers and other stakeholders. EY teams accomplish this by assessing the technology risks that are introduced to businesses through:
- Understanding their strategies, initiatives, processes and issues around IT controls, cybersecurity attestation, cloud assurance, certification, contractual compliance or software asset management.
- Providing services that help navigate through the digital complexity to make confident and faster decisions.
EY professionals help clients to see the big picture related to technology risks so that they can make better, faster and more confident decisions to:
- Create trust and confidence in financial reporting
- Provide trusted communications and assurance on internal control or related to regulatory compliance to customers, alliances, strategic partners, governments and authorities
- Identify, improve and respond to risks from advances in technology
- Meet evolving regulatory and compliance requirements
- Control compliance costs
- Build trust in new technology products and services from the outset
- Undertake proactive technology risk mitigation
Our clients rely on our Consulting team’s expert knowledge to advise on a broad range of issues across a variety of industries. We offer guidance to companies looking to grow or change or improve performance. Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area that reflects the challenges and uncertainty of today’s world. We look for people with commercial acumen who are inquisitive, analytical, and ambitious. You’ll need to challenge us, act on your own initiative and demonstrate the potential to deliver the best solution for our clients. Your role in Tech Consulting can vary greatly depending on your client, and you do not need technical expertise to work well on our team!
- Facilitating client meetings
- Working with external and multi-vendor stakeholders
- PowerPoint presentations
- Work with subject matter experts to translate technical jargon into business requirements
- Business process design
- Risk and issue management
- Become a trusted advisor to the client
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
A STEM Teacher internship at Fidelity Investments offers you hands-on experience in a global, dynamic and face-paced technology organisation.
By joining our official intern programme will have an opportunity to learn how STEM subjects can be applied and how leading-edge technologies are being used by the Fintech industry. You will be integrated into our teams who work daily with colleagues in the US, India and China to deliver best in class technology solutions for our customers. You will participate in soft skills training and get an opportunity to work on a real business challenge with other interns. You will have the support of a buddy throughout your time at Fidelity.
This is more than just a job; it’s a connection to colleagues across the company and the chance to enjoy social opportunities like our sports and social club, fun events, and our grassroots communities of practice (CoPs).
Ipsen has been present in Ireland since 1989, pioneering innovation across manufacturing, research and development (R&D) and commercial activities at its site in Blanchardstown, Dublin. Ipsen Ireland employs approximately 165 staff in Ireland including a team of over 20 chemists and analysts in the R&D team who focus on the development of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Since 2005, the R&D team in Dublin has expanded from two people to over 20 today. The group is part of the broader pharmaceutical development group and aiming to realise the company’s ambition of launching one NME (new molecular entity) or meaningful indication per year.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Data entry, review and reconciliation
• Support on project work and process documentation
• Gathering information and resolving queries
• Tracker and checklist updates
Key Technical Competencies Required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Reading comprehension
• Problem solving
• Critical thinking
• Time management
• Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
Training, Benefits Supports
• Company Laptop
• Internal trainings
• Subsidized canteen
• Social Events
Jabil Founded in 1966
Over 260K employees worldwide
100 plus sites strategically located around the world
Three locations in Ireland
Dublin Factory Launched in October 2018
We build Servers for our customer
Approximately 400 employees here on the Dublin site
Over 30 different nationalities
Jabil Culture – Integrity – Inspiration – Ingenuity
- Manually assemble a system using torque drivers and hardware, to a predetermined volume.
- Pull necessary material from flow racks and bin locations.
- Conduct physical inventory in the designated area.
- Performs basic, standardized, and repetitive electronic assembly operations and labeling of components, assemblies, or subassemblies.
- Prepares and manually assembles inserted components per visual aids, upon verification of specs from visual aid.
- Visually inspects parts for proper insertion and placement.
- Utilizes bar code scanners and small hand tools.
- Works under direct, close supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor or Line Manger, or other management as assigned.
- Maintaining 5S order and cleanliness at all times.
- Adhere to all safety rules and use required protective equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC , established in Ringaskiddy in 2005, develops and produces innovative cancer treatments and biomedicines that treat immune related diseases. Janssen is a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology, a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that have launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis. Janssen Sciences Ireland is a Global Centre of Excellence for Clinical Drug Substance and Drug Product Release and Stability Management. Its manufacturing and operational excellence has been recognized through the receipt of ‘Industry 4.0 Light-house’ designation by the World Economic Forum.#
We have an exciting opportunity for a student to join our Quality & Operations specialist team as part of the Quality & Operations group. Day to day the students will be responsible for the following;
• Monitoring and troubleshooting of the manufacturing process and equipment issues and process optimization
• Report generation for business unit management daily and weekly meetings
• Investigating and resolving deviations
• Procedures and Work Instructions
• Support commissioning and qualification activities
• Support new product introductions
What you will gain:
• Communication skills written and oral.
• Project management skills.
• Broad understanding of compliance requirements/GMP.
• Ability to work in a team environment of professionals with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and technical areas.
• Attention to detail.
As a student Specialist, your typical day may include:
▪ Daily meetings
▪ Process learning and on floor shadowing
▪ Project meetings
▪ Investigations and problem solving
As part of a fast paced operations team you will:
▪ Have strong involvement in the manufacturing processes on site for a number of biotechnology products.
▪ Monitor, evaluate and pilot new technologies.
▪ Work cross functionally with research and development, quality, engineering and operations teams and understand the different roles and teams on site
Who we are
- The number one professional services firm in Ireland.
- Over 2,000 people work across our offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kilkenny, Waterford and Wexford.
- We work with 75% of the top 200 Irish companies and audit over a third of companies listed on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Our clients include some of Ireland’s leading companies across a wide range of sectors including technology, retail, pharmaceuticals, banking, insurance, asset management and many more.
Now for the numbers (which we’re really good at!)
- 1 – ranked as top professional services firm in Ireland
- 2,800 – people employed in PwC across the island of Ireland
- 8 – offices in Ireland including our Northern Ireland offices
- 34 – different nationalities in the Irish firm
- 157 – countries with PwC presence
- 208,000 – PwC employees globally, that’s a huge global network
What we do
As the largest professional services firm in Ireland, we offer a broad range of services across audit, tax and advisory.
Why join us
At PwC Ireland, helping you achieve your goals is at the heart of what we do. Your career is just that. Yours. You choose it. You live it. You make it happen. Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. Whether you’re just starting out or an experienced professional, start looking forward to enviable experiences and opportunities that will shape your career for a long time to come.
Technology student placements Are you interested in a Technology placement? Would you like to be part of an industry-leading firm that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your student experience? If so, then a career with the PwC Technology practice may be for you.
At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. You will receive coaching, mentoring, and training on cutting edge technologies, and will have the opportunity to work alongside industry recognised specialists on high-profile engagements.
You will combine your skills and expertise in information technology, strategy and architecture to deliver sustainable benefits to clients. You’ll work on projects that encompass IT organisation and governance, enterprise applications, information management, project and programme management and systems integration.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, helping customers adapt and thrive in a changing world. Workday applications for financial management, human resources, planning, spend management, and analytics have been adopted by thousands of organisations around the world and across industries — from medium-sized businesses to more than 45 percent of the Fortune. For more information about Workday, visit www.workday.com .
– You will be assigned a team or project, based on your interests and skills.
-Possible host team activities include software development, Product or Project Management, Sales,
User experience, QA or Customer Support.
– You will benefit from the global intern programme and a variety of workshops, panels, and activities to
accelerate your growth.
– You will have an extend support network from managers, buddies, the intern programme team and