STINT ROLES 2022
Please find below the available roles for the STEM Teacher Internship Programme 2022. You will be asked your preferred roles on your application form. Please note, this page may be updated with additional roles as they become available. Roles may be in-person or may be a hybrid working model (some days working from home, some on site)
Last updated 06/04/2022
Accenture Technology powers our clients by building highly differentiated solutions to real business problems, creating new digital experiences, and utilising new IT, including digital technologies, Cloud, Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, and Agile methodologies. Accenture Technology helps solve the most complex technology challenges for our clients, creating custom-designed solutions using leading-edge technologies, or by integrating our technology platforms with our clients’ operations. We leverage alliances with top technology providers in the industry – including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco, IBM, and HP – in addition to harnessing emerging technologies from the Accenture Labs to help our clients invent new technology solutions to achieve real business results. A passion for the new unites our diverse workforce of more than 500,000 employees around the globe who offer a steady flow of new ideas, and you’ll be part of the conversation between leading experts from across all areas of our business. Join us, and you’ll use ground-breaking new technologies to develop and implement innovative solutions that will benefit our clients across the globe.
Your role in the STEM Student Teacher Internship Programme
We are offering a 3-month, paid internship, that will allow you to sample life in the Technology area. You will work with a client team to deliver business transformation. This will include designing, building, and testing strategic solutions ready for implementation. As a key member of the team, you’ll focus and commit to understand client requirements, formulate a plan of action, and work with a range of onshore and offshore delivery teams. You will be in close contact with the client at every stage. This role will make the most of your ability to communicate complex technologies while handling third party suppliers, timelines, and expectations. Once you join us as an intern, you will become part of our official Intern Development Programme which allows you the opportunity to set your objectives and drive your performance in soft skills, knowledge, applications, and abilities. Review sessions throughout your internship will track your progress against your targets and open further opportunities to maximise your potential during your time with us. You will develop industry-leading specialist skills and be kept fully up to speed with the latest innovations and delivery practices. You will also be part of the Internship Community at Accenture which offers a wide range of ongoing training, networking events, support, and advice from your appointed mentor.
You can join the Accenture Internship Programme from any academic discipline Candidates must meet the below criteria:
• Be on course to achieve a minimum of 2.2 grade in your degree
• Be in your penultimate or final year at university
• Possess a passion and genuine interest in technology
• Have the ability to obtain and analyse information and solve problems
• Be an effective communicator – listen to and accurately capture others’ ideas, feedback and concerns; articulate ideas in a clear and engaging manner
• Be eager to learn and capable of adapting in a continuously changing technology environment
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
We are the people behind Ireland’s national electricity grid. We make sure that every home, business, school, hospital, factory and farm has power – when and where they need it.
And that’s just the beginning of our story. We are now transforming the power system for future generations. Be part of the change.
Our focus is on safety, security and reliability. Our work environment is challenging, fast-moving, collaborative and team-orientated. Our culture is driven by performance, knowledge and continual development. Our people are committed to reducing Ireland’s reliance on fossil fuels and making decarbonisation a reality – while providing a safe and reliable electricity supply in a way that secures the future for those who follow us.
Our future has never looked more exciting. And this is an incredible opportunity to be part of it. The world is ready for change. If you are too, join us.
We are offering paid placements for students based in The Oval, Ballsbridge, Dublin.
This will be a challenging and varied placement that offers students the opportunity to apply your learning to the workplace and gain valuable practical work experience. Within our Operations Office you will gain experience and insight into how the Transmission System operates as well gaining knowledge and exposure to how we manage and operate the Wholesale Electricity Market.
Within our People & Information Office you will gain insights into how we operated a 24/7 critical national infrastructure and develop your knowledge in areas such as IT, governance and strategy.
You will be provided with on the job training and be supported throughout your placement by a mentor. You will also receive regular feedback on your progress and attend regular engagement events within our Internship Programme.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1300 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
A STEM Teacher internship at Fidelity Investments offers you hands-on experience in a global, dynamic, and face-paced technology organisation.
By joining our official intern programme will have an opportunity to learn how STEM subjects can be applied and how leading-edge technologies are being used by the Fintech industry. You will be integrated into our teams who work daily with our colleagues in various global locations to deliver best in class technology solutions for our customers. You will participate in soft skills training and get an opportunity to work on a real business challenge with other interns. You will have the support of a buddy throughout your time at Fidelity.
This is more than just a job, it’s a connection to colleagues across the company and the chance to enjoy social opportunities like our sports and social club, fun events, and our grassroots communities of practice (CoPs).
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You are analytical, have good organisational skills, and can deal with multiple tasks at a given time
- Problem solving is your natural talent
- You have superb communication skills – verbal and written – with the ability to communicate effectively with business partners and understand their requirements
- Ownership and leadership mentality
The Value You Deliver
Our workspace encourages fresh ideas, creative thinking and rewards visionary, passionate individuals. We pride ourselves on a culture that allows you to share, collaborate and be yourself in a highly dynamic and inclusive workplace. Throughout your internship, while working alongside our technology professionals, you will get insight into the following areas:
- Training in basic coding
- Experience Robotic Process Automation
- Learn about best-in-class technology processes
- Project Management
- Data Analytics, Quality & Performance
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve errors with hardware and system software
- Investigate and respond to user queries
- Implement quality development practices
- Actively participate as a member of cross-functional agile development teams getting exposure to all aspects of iterative and incremental software development and deployment
Jabil Founded in 1966
Over 260K employees worldwide
100 plus sites strategically located around the world
Three locations in Ireland
Dublin Factory Launched in October 2018
We build Servers for our customer
Approximately 400 employees here on the Dublin site
Over 30 different nationalities
Jabil Culture – Integrity – Inspiration – Ingenuity
- Manually assemble a system using torque drivers and hardware, to a predetermined volume.
- Pull necessary material from flow racks and bin locations.
- Conduct physical inventory in the designated area.
- Performs basic, standardized, and repetitive electronic assembly operations and labeling of components, assemblies, or subassemblies.
- Prepares and manually assembles inserted components per visual aids, upon verification of specs from visual aid.
- Visually inspects parts for proper insertion and placement.
- Utilizes bar code scanners and small hand tools.
- Works under direct, close supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor or Line Manger, or other management as assigned.
- Maintaining 5S order and cleanliness at all times.
- Adhere to all safety rules and use required protective equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.